Smartphone Insurance – 7 Surprising Reasons Why You Need It
Head of Product
UK / Farnborough
We are growing fast and need to find a capable Head of Product who has experience in building out a Product function. Especially in a growing business. Based near Farnborough, the Head of Product will have a background in app-based products for consumers. We are a disruptive Insurtech business, so similar experience would be great!
The role will work directly with our founding team to influence the strategy. You will also deliver our plan;
- Prioritising feature development to meet strategic targets.
- Hiring and building out the product function in line with business growth.
- Defining the product roadmap and long term goals.
- Ensuring stakeholders are engaged in product development.
- Ensuring what gets built is both valuable and viable.
- Managing the process of product feature creation.
- Product requirements capture. Including End Users, Partners, and internal needs.
- Analytics. It’s a buzzword, but vital.
- Customer feedback. It’s key, but you would know that!
- App store ratings and reviews.
- Liaising with our Assist team to direct training materials.
- Co-ordinating with Marketing on product communications.
- The go-to person for non-technical queries about the product.
- Working with sales to direct collateral and explore product fit in new markets.
- Champion the product’s value internally in the business.
- Monitoring competitor activity and external risks to the product.
- 5+ years product management experience. In addition taking entire products from concept to launch.
- Proven experience of working within a Product team.
- Strong technical understanding of software development.
- Clear, tactful communicator with the ability to lead conversations across the business.
- Strong relationship and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional organisational and analytical skills.
- Experience managing competing priorities, roadmaps and planning. Because we are growing fast.
- Skilled at writing functional specs for our development and design teams.
- Able to draw extensive analytical insights. Therefore iterating digital products using data.
- An appetite to increase your management responsibility in a fast-growth business.
A qualification in a related field is helpful, but not essential. But experience in a similar business is most important. Additionally. an Insurance industry or Insurtech background would be useful. Finally, if you’ve ever been involved in developing an AI-powered product, that would be great!
In conclusion, its even more important is a drive to succeed in a growing business.
Note for a COVID world. Lockdown means that all recruitment currently requires the team to be positive and comfortable with working remotely. Eventually we will reconvene in Farnborough, but for now it’s Zoom, baby!
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Fortress News & Blog Posts
Keep up-to-date with our latest news and feature announcements.
Wireless Dealer Magazine Partnership Announcement
Phone News from CES 2021
5 Things To Do If Your Phone Has Gone Missing
Can You Really Use Your Phone For Mobile Payments?
Viruses on Phones – do they really exist?
iOS 14 Features, All New or Disappointing?
Snapdragon Achilles Flaw Affects Android Phones
Home Working Enabled by Mobile Technology
Clean Your Phone & Tablet Safely – COVID-19 & Your Phone