New Smartphones in 2023: what to look out for this year
Digital Marketing Manager
UK / Farnborough
We are growing fast and need to find a Rockstar Digital Marketing Manager who has experience in marketing a technology-powered company. Based near Farnborough, the DMM will have a background in social media marketing, content marketing and growth hacking. Because we are a disruptive technology-based business, similar experience would be great!
The role will work directly with our founding team to influence the strategy and execute the delivery of our plan;
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns.
- Oversee a social media strategy. This includes active posting.
- Manage and maintain Fortress website content. So WordPress experience is useful.
- Write and optimise content for the website and social networking accounts.
- Track and analyse website traffic using Google Analytics and provide regular performance reports.
- Define and manage KPIs. Things like reducing bounce rate, increasing dwell time or improving conversion.
- Continually work on the SEO of the website(s). Also making regular updates to improve our rankings.
- Edit and post micro videos to website and social media channels.
- Arrange webinars and webcasts. This also requires co-ordination of team members.
- Create online banner adverts and oversee social ad campaigns.
- Write copy and maintain lists for email marketing campaigns. Also managing the campaigns.
- Identify new trends in digital marketing, evaluate new technologies and ensure Fortress is at the forefront of marketing.
- Attend product launches and networking events. This will also require co-ordination of the events.
- Write and maintain the Fortress Blog. This will also need the Fortress team to generate content ideas.
Editing and writing skills. You will need to devise and edit content for various digital platforms. So, compiling and writing blog posts will be an integral part of the job.
Communications. You will need to be able to explain to others (who may not be familiar with the medium,) how digital technologies work. Key to this will be the ability to understand your colleagues roles.
Video Editing. Website and social media content will not just be text but frequently visual as well. Therefore, basic editing skills or use of cloud-based tools to create video-based content will be very useful.
Web Skills. You will need to be able to directly manage website content on our WordPress site(s). So, content marketing, email lists and SEO will also be yours!
Project Skills. You should be excellent at handling time-sensitive projects, repeat-cycle work and working to deadlines.
Flexibility. Being part of a fast-growing business means thinking on your feet. Having a passion for the unknown and being motivated by our vision. You can see that every day will be different and that needs to excite you.
A qualification in marketing (or a professional equivalent) is helpful, but not essential. Most important to Fortress is experience in a similar business.
Even more important is a drive to succeed in a growing business.
Note for a COVID world. Lockdown means that all recruitment currently requires the team to be positive and comfortable with working remotely. Eventually we will reconvene in Farnborough, but for now it’s Zoom, baby!
Sign up to our newsletter.
Keep up-to-date with our latest news and feature announcements.
Protect, Secure and Insure Explained
Smartphone Insurance – 7 Surprising Reasons Why You Need It
5 Things To Do If Your Phone Has Gone Missing
Can You Really Use Your Phone For Mobile Payments?
Viruses on Phones – do they really exist?
iOS 14 Features, All New or Disappointing?
Home Working Enabled by Mobile Technology
Clean Your Phone & Tablet Safely – COVID-19 & Your Phone