New Smartphones in 2023: what to look out for this year
Senior .NET Developer
Protect, Secure, and Insure as many people as possible throughout the world with us.
In this role, you’ll bring features to the finish line whilst collaborating closely with other like-minded developers, as well as with the Product, QA, Data, and Machine Learning specialists; all with the goal of delivering a seamless, joyful, and beneficial experience for our members and partners.
Who we are:
Fortress is a next-generation and fast growing InsurTech and Cyber-security company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our members rest easy with complete peace of mind. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront.
We serve a global customer base from our operations in the UK and the USA.
As a team, we’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
Fortress is looking for a highly organized, proactive, and capable .Net Developer with a strong, broad, and demonstrable experience to join our growing, dedicated, and good-natured Platform Team. Based in the U.K., the Senior .Net Developer will have in-depth and up-to-date experience. We are a disruptive Insurtech and cyber-security business, so similar experience would be great too!
You will collaborate with our business stakeholders to build new features, working alongside our mobile app developers and QA/test team. We work in a fast-paced environment.
There is the opportunity to work on and learn the latest .net technologies hosted on Azure. We are actively building cutting edge .Net 6 and Blazor apps.
If you are interested in AI, there is the opportunity to get involved in applying your knowledge and skills to real business problems in a production environment.
Currently the team works completely remotely, with ambitions to move to a flexible hybrid model which will be predominantly home based with an office in the Farnborough, Hampshire area.
What You’ll Definitely Need:
- 5 Years+ of experience.
- Write efficient code to support our global end users.
- Strong C#.
- Strong general web development (ASP.Net, MVC, and supporting technologies).
- An interest in learning modern C# and Web technologies (.Net 6, Razor Page, Blazor).
- Ability to work in both a home and office environment.
What You’ll Ideally Have:
- Modern .Net – .Net Core/5/6, Razor, Blazor.
- Azure (developing for, and solution architecture).
- Machine learning / ML.Net.
Why you’ll love working for Fortress:
- Competitive salary plus a bonus package.
- Comprehensive health insurance.
- Generous holiday allocation.
- Flexible and hybrid working between office and home.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- Fortress Ultimate protection for you and your partner.
- Great health & well-being benefits including telehealth, parental support, subsidized gym program.
It’s important to us that the team at Fortress is as diverse as the countries and communities we work in. We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Whoever you are, Fortress has a place for you. Come join us.
Sign up to our newsletter.
Keep up-to-date with our latest news and feature announcements.
Protect, Secure and Insure Explained
Smartphone Insurance – 7 Surprising Reasons Why You Need It
5 Things To Do If Your Phone Has Gone Missing
Can You Really Use Your Phone For Mobile Payments?
Viruses on Phones – do they really exist?
iOS 14 Features, All New or Disappointing?
Home Working Enabled by Mobile Technology
Clean Your Phone & Tablet Safely – COVID-19 & Your Phone