Ten Essential Tips for Securing Your Smartphone
Solutions Architect & Delivery Manager- Insurtech
UK / Remote
Protect, Secure, and Insure as many people as possible throughout the world with us.
We are growing fast and need to find a capable Solutions Architect and Delivery Manager who has experience in the design and delivery of customer projects. Being comfortable with working in a fast-growing business is vital. A fully remote role, the Solutions Architect and Delivery Manager will ideally have a background in the architecture and project roll-out of app-based and/or platform products for consumers. We are a disruptive Insurtech business, so similar experience would be great!
Who we are:
Fortress is a next-generation and fast growing InsurTech and Cyber-security company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our members rest easy with complete peace of mind. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront.
We serve a global customer base from our operations in the UK and the USA.
As a team, we’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The role will work directly with our product, operations and development teams to define and deliver tailored solutions to meet the diverse requirements of our customers.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent understanding of Solutions Architecture, with an ability to define Operating Models that combine elements of both technical and operational process integration.
The role requires an effective working knowledge of Project Management, combined with confident communication and client facing skills to enable the on-time / on-target delivery of customer projects.
In addition to the definition and delivery of client solutions, based around existing capabilities, the successful candidate would also be expected to capture new customer/ market requirements to help shape the Fortress product roadmap.
- Taking the lead on customer delivery projects.
- Liaising with client stakeholders to capture business goals and solution requirements
- Creating swim-lane Operating Model designs that address the client brief; depicting both Technical Solutions Architecture and Operational Process integration.
- Ensuring that Operating model designs are repeatable while meeting the client design brief.
- Writing Technical Functional Requirements for delivery by the Fortress Development team.
- Drafting design specifications and wireframes to visualise Functional Requirements.
- Briefing Fortress development teams on Operating models and project requirements.
- Developing project plans for on-time / on-target client project / solutions roll-out.
- Liaising with client Stakeholder and Technical integration teams to ensure successful and aligned project roll-out.
- Maintaining actions registers, communicating minutes / actions and managing internal and external expectations.
- Product requirements capture. Including End Users, Partners, Customers and internal needs.
- Ensuring product features are both valuable and viable.
- Managing the process of product feature creation with the development team.
- Liaising with our Customer support team to direct training materials.
- 3+ years Solution Architecture design and Operating model design.
- 3+ years Project management skills, including project planning, client liaison and stakeholder expectations management.
- Proven experience of working within a Development team.
- Strong technical understanding of software development.
- Understanding of business processes and process mapping.
- Clear, tactful and confident communicator with the ability to lead conversations across the business and with customers.
- Strong relationship and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional organisational and analytical skills.
- Experience managing competing priorities, roadmaps and planning. Because we are growing fast.
- Skilled at writing functional specs for our development and design teams.
- Able to draw extensive analytical insights. Iterating digital products using data, where available.
- An appetite to increase your management responsibility in a fast-growth business.
- Ability to work effectively remotely.
Qualification in the fields of Solutions Design, Project Management, IT Architecture or Product Management would prove beneficial, but are not essential if candidates can demonstrate the appropriate level of vocational experience.
Additionally, an Insurance industry or Insurtech background would be useful. Of vital importance is a drive to succeed in a growing business, and an ability to adapt to change.
Why you’ll love working for fortress:
- Generous salary plus a discretionary bonus package.
- Comprehensive health insurance.
- Generous holiday allocation.
- Flexible and hybrid working.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- Fortress Ultimate protection for you and your partner.
- Great health & well-being benefits including telehealth, parental support, subsidized gym program.
It’s important to us that the team at Fortress is as diverse as the countries and communities we work in. We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Whoever you are, Fortress has a place for you. Come join us.
Sign up to our newsletter.
Keep up-to-date with our latest news and feature announcements.
The growing importance of smartphone security
Five top tips for a successful digital detox
New Smartphones in 2023: what to look out for this year
Protect, Secure and Insure Explained
iPhone 14 — our top three features
5 Things To Do If Your Phone Has Gone Missing
Viruses on Phones – do they really exist?
Smartphone Insurance: 7 Reasons Why You Need It
Can You Really Use Your Phone For Payments?
iOS 14 Features, All New or Disappointing?
Home Working Enabled by Mobile Technology
Clean Your Phone & Tablet Safely – COVID-19 & Your Phone